Welcome to Big Hat Horse Camp, L.L.C.
3819 Hwy O, California, Missouri 65018
Telephone: 660-427-5645 or E-mail: BigHatCo@iland.net
If you are seeking a relaxed outdoor experience with your horse in a secluded but secured area, you will enjoy Big Hat Horse Camp, L.L.C. The camp is designed for horse riders and horse riding families.
The camp consists of 130 acres of private ranch surrounded on all sides by working farms. Big Hat Horse Camp, L.L.C., is available to private groups by reservation only. Your family or group will be the only occupant on 130 acres during your stay. Relax and ride at your leisure through oak forests, sheltered meadows and sunny pastures. At night reminisce in the warm glow of kerosene lamps or around a crackling campfire.
The bunk house accommodates six. The two sleeping lofts contain a double and two single beds and the ground floor contains a double bed. A dining table seating six, comfortable furniture indoors and out, cozy kitchen area and a pot bellied stove complete the cabin.
The amenities for riders include:
· 130 acres of private land for riding. Ride on the trails or explore off trail. You are not confined to the trails on the camp.
· Ride the new “Wisdom Trail” back in time to an Amish settlement. The settlement contains a schoolhouse, farrier, cabinet maker, furniture builder and cabin builder, a saw mill and numerous working farms.
· Pack a lunch and ride to the Prairie Home Conservation Area with miles of trails.
· You have undisturbed use of the unique horse training course in the woods and unlimited use of the outdoor arena.
· Fishing for bass from the cabin deck in the stocked pond.
· Six shaded stalls make your horses comfortable.
· Your horse trailer is secure.
· Tack building accommodates tack for six or more horses.
· Clean, fresh sheets are on the comfortable beds when you arrive.
· Cooking inside on propane, or on the outdoor grill/fire pit—wood is provided, free of charge.
· Picnic tables are provided as well as outdoor furniture, cooking utensils, plates, cups, and silverware.
· Wood is provided, also free, for the pot bellied stove and fire pit.
Check list of items to bring:
· Your horse and tack
· Food and beverages in iced coolers
(Water is provided.)
· First aid kit
· Horse fly spray (especially in hot months)
· Grain and hay
· Disposable plates and eating utensils, if you are so inclined—dish soap if you are not.
· Towels and toiletries
· Rain Gear
· Mosquito repellant
· Fishing pole and tackle
Items to leave at home:
· Your wrist watch
· Your cares and worries
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
Make your reservations by calling 660-427-5645 or
e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Dan or Carol will take your call or e-mail and get back to you to answer your questions or make a reservation.
Prices (with tax included) for 3 days and 2 nights:
There is no charge for children under 12.
Base price for one or two occupants—$110
Directions to the camp:
Take Interstate 70 (I-70) to Boonville, Missouri.
Go south on Hwy B, 11 miles to Hwy J.
Go left on Hwy J, 4.7 miles to Hwy O
Go right on Hwy O, 3.7 miles to the Big Hat sign on the blue mailbox.
Turn left into the drive.
Take Hwy 50 to California, Missouri.
Turn north onto Hwy 87.
Take Hwy 87 into California and go to the stoplight.
From the stoplight, go straight 4/10th mile to Hwy O.
Continue north (straight) on Hwy O,
Go 9.3 miles to the blue mail box with the Big Hat sign.
Turn right into the drive.
MISSOURI STATE LAW
requires that each horse have a negative Coggins Test within 12 months of the trail ride. You must submit the original test result upon check-in. Also, each horse entering Missouri from another state must have a current health certificate.
Happy Trails begin at
Big Hat Horse Camp.
Experience living as the cowboys did in the 1800s.
· Kerosene lamps are filled and ready to light.
· There is a clean, fresh outdoor toilet and an open air cowboy shower.
· Abundant wildlife
· Beautiful, hilly Ozark scenery.